Category Archives: NEW ZEALAND
Some things we learnt from the Super 15 final awith a few questions thrown in.
- The bigger the game the more Quade Cooper goes missing.
- Australia will be in prayer to have the free flowing Bryce Lawrence or Jonathan Kaplin refereeing their games at the World Cup.
- Will Genia is the best halfback in the world. Would he have made that break if Ellis was still on?
- You can fudge the scrum but a rugby team can’t do without a functioning lineout. Perhaps the AB’s should get rid of their scrum coach and employ a lineout coach.
- Sometimes it is better it kick the ball out and have a defensive scrum on your 30m line than putting up a random midfield bomb….just ask Andy Ellis.
- Matt Todd is the opposite of Rueben Thorne. Loved by the public yet rubbish on the field. Until he develops the ability to carry the ball, make yardage and not turn the ball over he shouldn’t make the All Blacks. He wouldn’t get a look in for the All Blacks if he played for the Chiefs. That scavenging, ball winning loose forward is a thing of the past.
- When will we have referee who starts to penalise a weak scrum with a yellow card? Players can collapse scrums all day long in their defensive 22 but delay a ruck in the same part of the field and you get a yellow card. But I suppose if you do that Australia would have trouble all day long.
- Dan Carter is getting back to his very best.
- Do the All Blacks have enough firepower to open up a defensive come October?…Australia does.
- Do Australia have a number 10 who can control the game?…… New Zealand does.